The fact that these radii (20") would turn out to be too tight for 'B' and 'J' classes was another story. I was now eager to concentrate on Alexandra. Here is the first (unfinished) version of that yard, when I still had no hope of ever having to accommodate an excursion train that might consist of at the very least 3 'W' coaches and a 'CE'. Thus the rather short Nr.1 road and platform.
The platform and Nr. 1 road would eventually be lengthened to accommodate an excursion train consisting of AW - BW - ABW - CE with a 'J' Class being able to run around.
At this time I also did have no idea whether I would ever have a turntable , or where to put it. It wouldn't be near the yard throat , as in real life - there was no room. It would have to be at the Down end. The station building is a laser-cut kit from Outback Models and a fine kit it is too. There are now some more outbuildings attached at the far end and I think there is only one toilet, but I chose to ignore unimportant (to me) nonsense like that ... 'After all......'
The shed (Bullamakanka , I think) turned out to be too large and would be replaced by an Outback Models one. The water tank (yet unfinished) is the well-known kit, which I managed to make two copies of for Yea.