Saturday 21 March 2015

A Display would be nice



 We have a terrible fire season here in Australia, mainly from the middle of January right into
March. During that time I usually pack away my more valuable locos, rolling stock and built structures to a safe place. When the danger appears to have passed and I return everything to the train room, there is usually is a big mess.
       It occurred to me that, instead of putting away most of the boxes into the cupboard, I might
like to have their contents displayed in a nice cabinet, where they would also be protected from dust.
        I had some wood grain flooring, which seemed most suitable. I bought a 1200mm x 600 mm x 3mm clear sheet of perspex and built the cabinet around it. It has six storage spaces and I'm very happy with it.





























2 comments: